Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines day!!! Yes everyone, it is February 14th. Or as some of us know it as.... the day before the best candy sales day of the year. I think tomorrow I'll go buy myself a bouquet of flowers for half off haha. Well today has been rather uneventful, I never have very high expectations for Valentines day. Brooks (my boyfriend) was very thoughtful this morning and brought me breakfast in bed :) It was a breakfast burrito, some orange juice and coffee. He knows me all too well. I gobbled it up before I even thought to take a picture to share.
Even though I am not going out for V-day since I work this evening, I decided to share the look I would have done if we were going out.
I decided to go with a soft neutral eye with glowy cheeks and a pretty pink lip.


For my face I used:
Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer
Neutrogena Healthy skin liquid foundation in 40/nude
Laura Mercier secret concealer in #3 (for blemishes)
MAC mineralize skinfinish natural in light plus
Maybelline instant age rewind eraser dark circles in 20/ light pale (under eye circles)
bareminerals mineral veil (to set under eyes)

For my cheeks I used:
NARS Orgasm blush
NARS Laguna bronzer
For my eyes I used:
MAC Painterly paint pot (as a base)
Sin and Virgin in the Naked palette
Stila kitten
MAC satin taupe
MAC brule
MAC cream color base in Pearl (brow bone & cheek highlight)
MAC eyeliner in smoulder
MAC typographic (pat on top of eyeliner)
Maybelline The Falsies Flared Volum' Express in very black
and I forgot to picture what I fill my eye brow with... (its a glominerals by bareminerals eyeshadow trio in sand stone, I use the darkest brown in the trio) I also added some false lashes, but you don't have to do that.

For my lips I used:
Rimmel London long lasting finish lip pencil in 049/natural
Maybelline lip stick in 20/ pink and proper
Mentha lip tint (from bath and body works) lip gloss in pink shimmer (only in the middle of my lips)
I wanted to go with something simple and classic for my outfit.
I chose a white button up shirt from forever 21
a simple black tank underneath
Skinny jeans from American Eagle
Brown boots with a 2 1/2 inch heel from DSW
My gold Marc by Marc Jacobs watch and a small charm necklace from forever 21
Since it has been snowing lightly on and off today I would probably add a simple black pea coat over top.
I am writing this as I run out the door for work! So I apologize for any errors.
XOXO
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment