Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A few words for thought

So last night I was wandering the internet in a little late night procrastination and I stumbled upon this little gem.


It is scary to begin a journey that you know will lead down a difficult path. Especially, if there are those that don't believe it can happen.

It took me months to gather up the courage to begin this blog. I felt as though I wasn't worthy because I have no formal training. Or possibly, I have no idea what I'm talking about and will look silly. But on a whim, I put all of those negative thoughts and feelings aside. I have begun my journey and will not look back.

My plans are to graduate from college with my bachelors in psychology, then attend a cosmetology school. I have already have a few makeup techniques that I learned from watching YouTube videos. But I feel that I will be more confident in my future work if I have some sort of formal training.

It is scary for me to express myself to an audience, but if I never try I will never succeed. I encourage anyone reading this to do the same! Whatever you feel passionate for, go after it! It can be scary and intimidating, but anything worth achieving will be difficult.
Lots of love from my computer to yours,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment