Friday, April 6, 2012

1950's Barbie look

Over the past few days, I have been pondering over what I wanted to do for a blog post. I came to the conclusion of doing some sort of how-to look.
But what look to do? Something normal? Something costume-y? Something pretty?
Yeah, something pretty. But what kind of pretty? Something classic, and what is more classic than Barbie?
First I applied a heavy coat of liquid foundation. Then covered any remaining imperfections with concealer. I took extra care under my eyes because I wanted my skin to look flawless. 
Then I set everything with a translucent powder.
Next I added a light dusting of a red/pink blush to the apples of my cheeks.

For my eyes, I first dusted a matte blue eye shadow to my lids and blended upwards. Adding a shimmery blue shadow closer to the crease.(Ignore or laugh at my funny faces:) )
Next a swept a black over the blue on the lid and left the blue peaking out on top.
Then, I took more of the black and blended it into my lash line on the lower lid and swept it out into a wing.
Next I added a thick line of black liquid liner to the top lash line and winged that out as well.
After that I filled in my brows and added mascara.
I filled in my lips with a red lip pencil, went over that with red lipstick and a little bit of clear gloss.


Then a little magic from Instagram and TA-DA!!
Barbie :)


Lots of Love,
Alyssa



No comments:

Post a Comment