Monday, March 19, 2012

A perfect little pink pout

Well hello again,
It has been a while since my last post, I know. I have just been a little preoccupied with finals for school and work. But now it is spring break and time to relax... even if it is only for a little while.
Anyways..... Last week I made a little trip to a MAC store and picked up two lip presents.
The first I have been wanting since it came out weeks ago. The second, the lady working there ever so easily persuaded me to try. And I am very glad I did. :)
I just got the iphone 4 (not the 4S) and so I have been experimenting with the instagram app. This is me wearing the new lip products. My mom said that its too barbie pink for her and reminded her of lip colors from a different era. That just means that it's perfect for me!
I used three products to get the look that I am wearing.
First is the MAC pro longwear lip pencil in "In Anticipation" that the MAC lady "persuaded" me to buy. It isn't exaggerating when it says longwear. The lipstick and gloss may fade away through out the day, but the pencil never needs to be re-applied. It seriously lasts 24 hours!
Next is my intended purchase. From the MAC VIVA GLAM collection, it is the Nicki Manaj color. It is a bright pink with yellow undertones and is perfect for day or night time.
Last is the NYX soft matte lip cream in Addis Ababa (how fun is that name?!) Its a hybrid mix between a lip stick and lip gloss. Its my first one, but I think I'm gonna go back for more colors. I really like the texture of it. Plus it's only like $5.
I swatched each of the products on the back of my hand.
The top is the NYX lip cream
The second is the Nicki lip stick
Last is the lip pencil.
Together, they create a beautiful pop of color to any look.


Luscious Pink Love,
Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. I love the Nicki Minaj lipstick, it's such an amazing color. This looks really pretty on you :) Tempted to go purchase the NYX lip creams now!

    ReplyDelete