Saturday, March 3, 2012

February Favorites

Hello everyone!
Well it is March... already. Where have the first two months of 2012 gone?
Either way, it just means we are that much closer to summer :)

Here are a few of my favorite things from the month of February. Some is makeup, but some are kinda random. They are just things that I noticed I used a lot over the past 29 days (I got one extra day of use out of everything).

Enough rambling... here we go.


First is my MAC Paint Pot in Painterly.
I use this mainly to prime my eye lids before I put my shadow on. It is just a simple nude color that helps cover up any veins or redness on your eyes. It also makes the eye shadow color last longer.

This is my MAC Cremesheen lip glass in Borealis.
It is an unusual color, I know. But is is perfect for pairing with a nude lip. The way this works is, it is supposed to cancel any pinkness left on your lip.

Maybelline The Falsies Flared
I love "goopy" mascara. I personally prefer volumizing mascara to lengthening mascara. I have yet to find one that perfectly combines volume and length. So if I feel like going all out I will use two types of mascara. But for every day, I use this stuff.

MAC eyeshadow in Satin Taupe
This is a perfect daily eyeshadow for me. It is a purple-y brown that has a silky shimmer to it. I will either wash it all over my lid for a quick look or I will use it as a crease color if I am wearing lighter shades that day.

MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl
I fell in love with this product as soon as I opened it. It is a perfect highlight for my skin tone. I put it on the top of my cheek bones and lightly down the center of my nose. I also use it on my brow bone as a base for my highlight there. It is a very thick and creamy product, so I use my fingers to apply it. The warmth of my hands warm up the product and make it more usable and easy to work with.

EOS Lip Balm... This one is in pink grapefruit (I think)
I keep these all over the place. In my purse, night stand, makeup bag, car, etc. I'll admit I fell for the gimmicky packaging. When you open up the top half of this, it is literally a dome of chap stick. The consistency is a little weird. There is an initial layer that is waxy feeling, but once that is broken through it is very creamy and hydrating.

OPI nail polish in Dulce de Leche
It is a pinky nude color that pairs well with pretty much any outfit. I like wearing neutral colors during the cold winter months. I ended up wearing this quite a few times in February.

I got this sample in my online purchase from Sephora. I normally don't like celebrity perfume...at all. But I have to give it to T. Swift, she did a good job on her choice of scent. It is Taylor Swift's  Wonderstruck. It reminds me of Vera Wang's Princess (my all time favorite perfume). It is just very soft and feminine.

I know, I already have a post about this book series, but I seriously love it. I have been watching all of the movie previews on YouTube endlessly. I am so excited for the movie to come out on the 23rd! I really hope it lives up to my expectations :)

I received this movie for Christmas from my Grandpa this year. It is a feel-good movie for me.  I put it on for background noise when I'm doing homework because I know the movie like the back of my hand. Plus Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson have a believable chemistry even though it isn't a rom-com. And my parents have a yellow lab puppy named Sage who has become very Marley-esque.

I got the Kashi Go lean crunch! Honey Almond Flax. I normally don't like "healthy" cereal. I am guilty of buying sugary bad for you cereal. So I thought maybe the honey would make it taste better. It actually is really good! It is sweet and doesn't lose the sweetness when milk is poured on it. Over all it's pretty nummy.

This is my gorilla mug. I'm using it today :). When I visited San Diego, we went to the San Diego Zoo. I collect coffee mugs. So naturally my souvenir was a coffee mug. It is engraved which I think gives it a cool element. I know it isn't cutesy or anything, but its 16oz and is just kinda cool looking. I use it at least four days a week haha. I will specifically wash it, just so I can use it again immediately.



Well that's about all I have for you guys. It ended up being a bit longer than I expected haha. Whoops.
I hope you guys enjoyed!

loves,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment