Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Little Beauty Haul

Okay, I'm admitting that I am a terrible blogger... 
It seems that every time I start a new post it begins with "so it's been awhile".
Sometimes I just feel that I don't have anything new or revolutionary to talk about. Nothing that is important enough to share with the world.
But all of that aside I figured I could spare some time to share some of my recent purchases from Sephora.
Once a year Sephora has a 20% off code that they share with their VIB's (Very Important Beauty insider) so I decided to splurge a little and try out some products I've wanted but seem to always talk myself out of.

First being MUFE Mat Velvet +
I have combination skin that is relatively sensitive to new products. My forehead nose and chin are pretty oily and my cheeks and jawline tend to be more dry... Unfortunately, all areas are acne prone. I always use MUFE HD primer in 0 under any foundation I use (I am a firm believer in primers). I am excited to try this because it has coverage enough to cover any breakouts or dark marks I have, but light enough to look natural and not overdone. I have only ever used drugstore foundation before, I have high hopes that this formulation will help with preventing breakouts and will be kind to my sensitive skin.

Next is a product I've used before and absolutely love.
Origins is a brand I have come to adore. It is pretty affordable, all natural, no parabens and actually deliver on the claims they make about their products. Their VitaZing energy boosting moisturizer is wonderful. It is similar to bb creams, without the weight of feeling like I have put makeup on. It is a white moisturizer with small beads that deliver a slight glow of color to the skin. I like to wear this by itself to give my skin a healthy glow in the morning, rather than look pale, sickly and like I just woke up. When I wear makeup over it I've noticed that I look glow-y if not down right radiant. As if I just returned from a two week vacation spent on some remote beach. 

St Tropez Bronzing mousse is a product I cannot rave enough about.
LOVE... love. love. love this product, I've talked about it before and it is still true today. I avoid tanning beds like the plague, but I also like to avoid looking like a sickly ghost in the winter. St Tropez is my best friend when my summer tan fades away. It is the only self tanner I will use. I always apply it with the mitt that can by purchased along side it. So orange hands don't give me away. It is so easy to apply and because it is a mousse it is streak free as well.

This was my real splurge lately.
Normally, I stick to drugstore mascara. But I just find that they dry out quickly and there isn't very much product in their brightly colored tubes. In the past I have used Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume building mascara, which is still a personal favorite. I wanted to try out the product Sephora claims is a "cult favorite of over 10 years", you have to admit that has its appeal. I don't typically treat myself to luxury brands. I believe you are usually buying the name more so than the actual product.

Lastly, I have (relatively) recently purchased a new face lotion that works wonders.
I had a very bad breakout a month or so ago and it left in its wake the terrible aftermath of dark marks. I wandered into LUSH hoping the knowledgeable staff would be able to help me find a miracle, and I was not let down. I have always loved their face masks and try a new one every time I am there. This time I bought both Cosmetic Warrior and Catastrophe Cosmetic. When these are paired with Vanishing Cream, my skin has never cleared up so quickly. It normally takes a few weeks for acne flares to calm down and a few months for the dark marks to fade away. Cosmetic Warrior helped to make the breakouts calm down and disappear. Now I am using Catastrophe Cosmetic to keep any new breakouts at bay. I used vanishing cream along side each mask and I believe it has helped to prevent any new dark marks. The ones that I had already are almost gone and its only been 2-3 weeks.


Well, that's all for now.
I promise I will try to make my posts a more regular occurrence.
Lots of Love,
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment